Thread: The ST Range
View Single Post
Old 28-Nov-2005, 16:31
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Quote:
Originally posted by Stu748R
Remind me never to have an argument with you Henners,well put and as usual a compeling veiw.

Good points from Jools and Henners, however how many bike purchases are really logical decisions? What percentage of the buying decision is based on passion, emotion and even egotism/posing?

The desire not just to own something thats f.ing quick and exciting, but looks drop dead gorgeous. I think this is very important when it comes to buying a less mainstream product like a Ducati over a Honda.

Ok not all of Ducati's products are at the hypersports end of the market, but the image rubs off onto the more mundane products. (this isn't a dig at ST's, Multi's etc. I've owned and enjoyed them) but surely someone could have designed an ST with that little extra pizzaz.

Therein itself lies the problem as Ducati at present aren't tempting enough mainstream buyers away from Honda.

I don't have anything against Honda's, in fact had loads of them. My friend is a Honda dealer and really will do me an absolutely cracking deal on any Honda, yet i still go out and spend more on a 3 and a half year old bike than what i could get a new Blade for. Good bike but just doesn't do it for me, but then again neither does the 999 style bike either.

My dealer friend thinks i'm insane, but maybe i (we) are not representative of the mainstream buying public, which i suppose makes it even harder for Ducati.

Treblanche may have said he's a little bored of designing V twins, personally i'm bored of his current designs (Hypermotard excepted).

Stick a stretta engine in an Ohlins equipped ST and give it a grown up 916 style front end/916 rear end and i think it'd be far better than the Triumph. Just don't paint it yellow!
Oh god i'd better stop drinking at lunchtime...nurse!

Oh by the way, my original point to Henners before i digressed, is this Spanish lark just a smokescreen for you to sell the 996R and buy a Honda.

Come out of the closet man, be brave and tell us the truth

[Edited on 28-11-2005 by BDG]