View Single Post
Old 01-Mar-2009, 11:55
GTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith-healer
Just playing devils advocate, asking the question....as I am fairly sure that "IF" the worst happened liability would almost certainly fall on the rules makers.....DSC.

Perhaps the race committee should check it out....there are many cases of....Oh! it will never happen. Then it does and......**it happens.

It may mean a small extra insurance cost, but better that then a bigger legal bill.

Here in Warrington all taxis are required to run on a rolling road at a specific revs' to measure both exhaust noise and emmissions. (Compliance Control)

A Mercedes diesel blew up "on test" The Transport licencing dept. denied all liability.....which eventually cost them over £25,000. Repairs and loss of earning for the owner driver of the Merc'.

Entirely valid point, and well made, too.

Given that this is an entirely voluntary (and largely insane) thing to do in the first place, I suspect it is unlikely that anyone will try to take advantage in the way that the Taxi driver seems to have done. Apart from anythng else,the line of riders laughing at him would give him pause for thought. In fact, I'd like to be there at the front if one did try it on!