View Single Post
Old 22-Dec-2005, 15:25
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by Twinfan
Henry,

I think what you're saying makes sense for a standard system like Mark's.

I have the same setup as yours (minus the PCIII). Do you reckon it's worth me having one fitted? I'm not after more power, so is it worth it from a "smooth running" perspective?

I ran mine for a year on road and track with the ECU that came with the Termi. I liked it, but knew no different (except the previous year without the Termi).

I HAD to do something because the ECU blew, replacement was going to take some time and I had a track day booked the following week. I got the std ECU refitted (thanks SteveR from Italia), and then got a PC3 fitted to correct the fuelling. Trust me - the fuelling is way off at higher revs with Termi and std fuelling ECU!

The result was that it was noticably more responsive across the range, and it seemed to jsut go on and on. Previosuly I had noticed a tail off over 8,500 rpm, which did not surprise me, but now it keeps pulling right up over 10k! The throttle response seems much better now, quicker to rev and gets to the interesting area much quicker. It's been like having a new bike this last couple of months of this year.

Conclusion - road or track, well worth having the PC3, IMHO.