View Single Post
Old 12-Sep-2014, 18:58

Well I rode it to work and I was overwhelmed and underwhelmed in equal measure. Firstly it stalled at every junction, so I was forced to do Grand Prix style getaways from junctions. Once it warmed up it seemed better until I costed into a roundabout in second pulled in the clutch to change down to first as the traffic had stopped blocking the exit and the engine stopped. I pulled in the clutch and thumbed the starter nothing had to stop and put me feet down, then get the thing into neutral. Thumb it again ( traffic in front disappears as traffic behind builds up ) nothing. Push it to the kerb and swear a bit. Would it start would it boat! Gave it a minute and put the cold start on a quarter, thumb it again and away it goes. Ride the rest of the way with a bit of choke on. Then I had to go home mid morning, Hardly any traffic and a nice mix of up hill twisty roads. A revelation. Razor sharp handling. Wanna change line ? No problem just will it and it happens. Wanna lean over even more ? No problem just do it. Wanna go faster ? No problem just rev it more. I think I could forgive this bike just about anything once it is out on the open road. I think with a full tank of 5* ( showing my age there) through it the motor will sweeten up too. Maybe I haven't made a mistake after all.