View Single Post
Old 04-Aug-2009, 13:55
500SD
Bikes: MTS12S, R1, off road stuff, and vintage stuff too.

Mood: MTS1200 - yum yum yum yum yum yum yum ...
I think its a shame really.

I chose not to rejoin a year or so back as I didn't have enough time to read the pronto, and wasn't getting time to catch up on here either. No other reason.

Consequently I missed all the explosion that took place, and only knew about it when I got an email telling me all the terms were changing and the forum was down for a while.
Any club of this sort of size is always going to have more than one viewpoint, and when two (or more) strong willed people stand up and shout, it often leads to what has happened last year.

What I really find frustrating though is that it is still being talked about, and the club not allowed to move on. any newer people looking in with a view to join must wonder what the hell is going on, and may well choose not to join as a result. That just continues the downward spiral, and actually substantiates any argument of those that walked away (and from what I understand set up a new forum).

I only visit this one ducati forum as its all I have time to do. Although I may not have met many of you, I do enjoy the banter and can relate to a number of people I've conversed with. There are a good number of forums where the banter is very inflamatory, so this one is very civilised in omparison.

Stuff like membership letter probably comes down to a new person in the role still trying to find their feet, may not have all the necessary paperwork, and possibly not the same skill set.
I'd give them a little more lattitude, but would urge the Management Committee to provide a more responsive channel of communication so people can speak direct, and not kick off on the forum. The only way to fix things is for people to have the opportunity to tell you its broken, and be achnowledged for doing so.

Finally, while I'm setting myself up for a kicking, I realise all those who don't like what they see probably couldn't step up to the plate and help because they are likely too busy, but maybe you could look at what you do get for your money rather than what you don't. I bet a small number of people put in a large amount of effort, and getting others to help is next to impossible.

I was very tempted to delete this prior to sending it, but decided I would proceed with expressing my views.

Keep up the good work guys, it will all come good eventually, so hang in there.

Cheers,
John.