View Single Post
Old 23-Aug-2006, 19:31
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dseered
Fair play Monty, Cadwell is good for me, obviously I am not aware of the behind the scenes detail as in what tracks can and can't do, twas just a suggestion

I am aware of that Ian and it wasn't a go-it was actually quite helpful as it allows me to explain what can and can't be done now rather than have 153 similar questions posed over the next few months. Basically the only tracks that are suitable for us are Cadwell or Mallory in that they are reasonably central, camping is available, not too costly-(you don't want to know how much Donington cost's to hire), noise isn't too much of a problem, friendly etc etc.
When you then compare Cadwell with Mallory there are other issues. Mallory is easier to get to, but once you are in the paddock you are stuck since you have to use part of the circuit to get access-so no late arrivals. Noise is more of a problem-especially at night as they have lots of close houses-so no loud disco there then. The track itself I find a bit too simple to be honest, Cadwell is much more technical so there is more to learn which keeps the interest up.

The circuits available are:

Brands-you having a laugh!-£12,000 a day(Indy) +vat+NOISE
Donington-last time I checked about £14,000 a day!+NOISE
Silverstone-ditto
Oulton-£11,250 a day and only one a week for bikes-NOISE
Snetterton-£7,500 a day, probably could camp-a bit too far south & east
Rockingham-about £9,000 a day, slippery when wet-we had 13 fallers there when we ran it in one afternoon-8 at the same corner I think!-no camping
Castle Combe-no chance
Thruxton-no bike trackdays-ever!
Pembrey-Very too far south and west-like the other side of Swansea!
Croft-too far north
Anglesea-Ditto
Knockhill............
Bedford Autodrome-wonderful track, only 13 miles from me, major noise problem-like they only ever ran one bike trackday(I was there) and had noise complaints when everyone was riding a road legal bike.......nice layout though.
Lydden anyone?-no I didn't think so.

So we come back to Cadwell and Mallory....................

John

Growing old-disgracefully!