View Single Post
Old 24-Jul-2003, 01:35
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Firstly, Thanks for plugging my 916 for me Weeksy, maybe I should replace the Road body kit and lights etc with my race bodywork and a Ohlins shock, may get a bit more interest in it that way.
Not sure why people avoid 600s these days, Steel framed CBR600s are excellent value for money, especially ones that are properly sorted for the track and are fantastic at surviving big crashes, any Ram air version with sorted suspension and a stage one tune will easily be capable of a 57 sec lap around Brands Indy. And as for the R6 a incredible bike, as known by some of you out there I built a couple up to production spec out of damage/repairables for this years TT and have recently raced one of them myself at Darley Moor and last Saturday at Donington, where I managed to lap on it faster than I did on my 916. I opted to ride the 600 in the powerbike class against R1s, GSXR1000s etc, but could also have raced it in the Open class or the 600 class or even the streetstocks.
At any one meeting with North Glos club I would be allowed to enter it in the 600 (2 grids), the Open ( 2 grids), the Powerbike (1 grid) , the Streetstocks (1 grid) and for other riders they may also be able to take part in the Novice Open. That could add up to 8 races a day for me and 9 races for a Novice. So although 600 races are heavily subscribed to, there are 2 grids available so upto 80 places for the 600 race and the same again for the Open class. At around £3000 for a road legal, track prepped 100 bhp R6 its not a bad way to go about trackdays and racing.
Kev