View Single Post
Old 24-Sep-2003, 19:42
Mille

Stephens,

you clearly are very lucky and have the resources to set up your bike as you wish. Many of the guys here would like to spend £1k-£2k on a DP system and expect more than just some extra noise.

Some people on the other hand just want an aftermarket can to give the extra noise and begrudge spending alot of money for the privilage.

I am sure as the 749/999 family establish themselves over the coming months (years) more aftermarket manufacturers will recognise the demand and cater for it.

I have held back on the PCIII route awaiting a FIM Ultimap ECU but that looks a while away yet, which is a shame.

Ducati do however sell a very expensive ECU circa £800 which is programmable, so ProTwins inform me. (UK FIM distributor)

The point, well as I have said and this is a DP gripe - why sell us this stuff at high prices when it just ain'nt right, out of the box.

By the way, PT inform me that the standard valve collets are'nt up to the job of coping with higher states of tune. SIX replacements in a season and still counting. They do sell higher spec. replacements tho' - £18 per half!!

They have also said that the D57's are definately the route to nirvana.

Good luck with the PCIII/cam work on the D57's and I'll post up my dyno chart for an "out of the box" comparison.