View Single Post
Old 13-Dec-2013, 23:53
Montjuic
Bikes: Triumph Speed Triple/DD 620/

Mood: It's a grand life if you don't weaken
Scutineering failure prevention work

I got the oil pressure sensor threadlocked and lockwired and was starting to fell smug, but then noticed that the neutral light had stopped working, I checked back and it's the sensor itself....doh!
So how the hell do you get that little bugger out and a new one back in? It was suggested that I buy a long reach socket and cut a slot up the side for the cable....is there another way to tighten a replacement in?

Finally, I would like to keep the tank clip on the front because the closing action of the flip clip helps to pull the tank down tight onto the frame / chassis. So has anyone worked out how to easily (got to be easy for me!) add a seondary fixing.
The only way I could think of putting a more secure fixing is to remove the flip clip and use the mounting holes for a metal strap that then gets bolted to the plate where the wire clip hooked on. This would be a bit of a faff to lift the tank but cant see another way of pulling the tank down tight.

Last year I thought I may have felt nervous on the start line, it was great I never did.....cant say the same about going in to scrotumeering though!