View Single Post
Old 03-May-2005, 16:33
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by ali
If I had a 620 this would be my view too. It would also be a steaming pile of do do!

Three BB 675s have been dyno'd and not one has made more that 51.8bhp. By your own admission MW's bike is making 62bhp. I have spoken to just about every Ducati tuner in the land, and couple in the US/Aus, and every single one of them say the same thing:

"The difference is valve diameters is so great that the only way you'll ever get close to a 620 is to do some serious head-work"

Believe me, I've looked at:

shorter inlet manifolds
keihin 39mm flat slides
dialling the cams
advancing the timing
using bellmouths
forced air induction

and the most optomistic estimate is 1.5 - 2bhp improvment.....for £1700!

Given that I believe none of us have £1700 to bin on mods we'll all be sticking with 51.xbhp, while the 620s will all be on 59-62bhp.

If you think that's a level playing field then you need a new spirit-level!

Sorry about the thread hijacking.

Cheers,

Ali

If that's the case then my comments above were based on a misapprehension. My understanding was as I said - that these mods would make the 675's competitive. If that's not the case then I humbly retract my comments above.

I would also add that this changes my view of the riders over the weekend and my hearty congratulations go to you and Phil for what in reality were fantastic rides. And a standout effort from Andrew Johnson on a 583.