View Single Post
Old 17-Jul-2005, 23:50
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Thats quite cheap BB takes up a fair chunk of that when the Vat is added to what I understand was a cheap price on the kits themselves, providing you don't have one of the later 583 engines. Not sure what valves you would be talking about, can't go much bigger as they would soon be eating into each others valve seats, and good one piece stainles ones will cost a few quid inc. Vat. Then there is the labour costs of getting them shimmed as well as the shims them selves. and as for porting/flowing a good job done with the aid of a flow bench will cost a few hours Labour. Next up is to do something about the standard headers, inlet tracts and ideally the carbs, either dyno time getting the standard ones jetted correctly or the investment in some better flowing smoothbores.

Currently my 583 stands me about £2k with the twin disc front end now fitted.
My Monster 620Sie so far owes me £1650 add £250 for tyres, battery and a couple of minor items. Than all I have to do is sort out the immobiliser and it could be ready in time for Brands for a total of £1900 and making I suspect close to 60bhp. which is about 8bhp more than my SS for £100 less.
plus I have a few standard parts to sell off.

For those that have already invested a decent amount in their 675cc BB bikes then it would make sense to spend a bit more to get the full gains of the extra CCs.
But from where my bike is at the moment and where future entrants maybe coming from, its probably not the best option.

Kev