View Single Post
Old 09-Feb-2012, 00:50
Mille
Bikes: M620ie, DD583R #30

ACU eye testing - not on this high street sonny

Grrrrr, just had my ACU form returned even though the last test was late 2009, so phoned 8 local opticians, told each that I wanted a "simple confrontation visual field test", as per the acu form, (this is the test where you read the diminishing letters off the chart), every one of them was up for the confrontation bit! , but not the field test, they all insisted they could only do a full 'automated perimetry test' even though the form states this is not required, blathering on about how they could be sued if they missed something wrong with an eye ball, or going all arsy," its my shop, won't do it".

But a 20/20 visual acuity test is no use to perscibe glasses from, what they want to to do is flog specs!!

What if the acu made an arrangment with one of the nationals like "should have gone to.." and sent everyone a voucher, that every 3 years you used to get a chart and basic colour test. The test couldn't take more than 10/15 mins tops, you pay say £15 (and that includes the 1 min it takes to stamp the form !) ACU gets a cheque towards, say its welfare work, and then 10,000? peeps/year go to same chain. If they identify a problem THEN the shop can offer its full examination and try to flog you the specs.

Grrr this weather is turning me into a grumpy old whatsit, boo, but 1 month to the off, hurray. Second 1/2 shaft went onto a very cold van today, mot-ing next week-ish?

pete

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power". Abraham Lincoln ...53 horse power should do it