View Single Post
Old 15-Jul-2012, 19:26
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJS
Location. I know many people on here think Cadwell is all things to all men, and it is a low-cost venue... but it's a pig to get to and lacks facilities - plus everyone has been there multiple times... Time for a change? Somewhere more central with better facilities for the average club road-rider who wants to ride his pride and joy to the circuit on the day and not get soaked in a typical English summer....

Or I could be missing it completely...

The only problem with 'central' Martin is-central to who/where?? Those in London/far South East will say Brands is central-whereas others will say Oulton Park is central. In the days when I ran the trackday I have organised events at both those venues-and had to cancel then due to lack of support-mainly because members felt they should be able to decide to attend at the very last moment according to the weather-and the club couldn't take the risk. Silverstone is pretty central, as is Donington-and both are hugely expensive. We have run at Rockingham a couple of times which is also central and easy to access-but lots of members didn't like it-no idea why as I think it's a good little circuit-which brings us back to Cadwell...............

John

Growing old-disgracefully!