View Single Post
Old 20-Feb-2012, 09:52

Oh I 100% agree mate about grip being more important than mileage on a sportsbike, my Streetfighter has a lot of power 155bhp ish, but then my GSX-R750 was no slouch as that had a 35mph higher top speed and had around 140bhp to boot, I wasn't trying to sound argumentative.

The Maxxis tyres imo are not budget tyres, they are just cheaper in price than the brands most people use. I believe the inflated price lulls some people into a false sense of security as to how much better one brand is over another.

You say a trade off if a tyre has better mileage but I said in my previous post that they offered better dry grip and as good wet grip as the Pilot Power 2CTs on the same bike back to back with the same rider.

I know the tyres I used on my gixer worked with the bike, its why I am asking if anyone has actually tried them on a Ducati rather than having read a report on a tyre test that probably was carried out on an inline 4 rather than an L twin.

I am sure something like a Supercorser would offer even better dry grip but I ride all year round so need a tyre that wont spit me off the moment it rains, I also do a higher than average mileage (have already covered over 1000 miles on the Ducati in a little over this last month) so mileage and cost do come into the equation even if they sit lower on priority than wet/dry grip.