View Single Post
Old 21-Aug-2004, 13:00
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Well, I've improved the quote ...

One thing that has annoyed me in this process is the fact that some of the quotes I received weren't accurate and didn't include specific items I'd asked to have included in the quote. Like the ability to ride other bikes with owners consent and full UK and European breakdown and recovery. The £710 quote I referred tio above didn't include that and wanted an additional £40 for it - quote is now £750 and not competitive anymore -WATCH OUT FOR THAT!

So, in the end Access (insuremyducati - Steve) didn't get my business because of wanting a higher excess (£600) and I eventually got the quote from Insurance Line down to £689 with a £500 excess which included all the extra's I asked for and the people there were nice and up front. When the quotes are close I am always going to reward good customer service. Let me also be clear here that I am referring to the brokers level of service - not Steve's, he was cool but I couldn't deal directly with him.

So, in the end I've had a £350 odd saving from my renewal. Happy with that!!! WOOHOO!!!

So now I'm off to see tyreman about some TD bodywork ... have a nice day

One last thing I forgot to mention .. Access required me to have a ground anchor installed (Sold Secure) and have the chain or a Sold Secure disc lock attached when I was commuting which Insurance Line didn't require. This is also an effective saving of £100ish from buying those items. Another cost to watch out for to make sure you are comparing apples with apples.

[Edited on 21-8-2004 by tp-996]