View Single Post
Old 16-Feb-2005, 16:05
Big Twin

I have had a 748bp,916bp,996sps,998,999S and now 749R.
In between i had a gsxr1000 (licence loser) and an SP1 which i thought was great and very quick.
My brother who had an Aprilia rsv mille was about to change his bike so we swapped on a run out and i found the mille to be way to top heavy and i was scared to move it about when parked as it felt as though it was going to fall over (I am 5ft 8 ins) although my brother manages fine.
He rode my 749R for a while and when we stopped for a cuppa he declared that he was glad he did not buy a Ducati without having a go on one as he hated it !!
He said it felt like a tractor,was dog rough had no torque and had a seat and suspension like a park bench so he got his bike back.
He still couldnt keep up with me on the way home ! so i do not see where he gets that it felt flat from, although with a Ducati i think you either love them or hate them and i can sort of see where he is coming from as when you first get on one from most jap bikes they do take some getting used to.
He has now bought a new repsol blade and i have had a go and that is the sort of bike anyone can just get on and ride quick, rather nice it is to.