View Single Post
Old 16-Dec-2005, 18:41

I'm glad you posted Martin, as going by some of the replies on this thread, I was beginning to think that I'd bought a very unpopular bike, even though I love it and enjoy riding it.

Re the bike. This was bought from a main dealer, is a uk bike and is an official 2005 bike with the red/black frame. The situation with the dealer re price was that they were matching a price from another dealer (that I kind of made up to a certain extent). I also said that I knew of a couple of people who might be interested in two of their bikes. This was true, but they could only take my word for this. From what I could gather, this was a one-off deal, and I know it was a very good price. I dont think they made any money out of the deal, but I think they get some kind of bonus from the manufacturer? I used to be in the car trade and I know does happen. At the end of the day, I got on very well with them guys and it may have helped that I was a female...shouldnt say that I know....but sometimes it is an advantage! I hope my bike doesnt depreciate too much by next year, but if dealers go down that low, then who in their right mind is going to pay more? I think that if a dealer has any left at this time of year, they will sell at cost. Maybe I shouldnt have disclosed the price...I was just trying to help.