View Single Post
Old 25-May-2006, 22:30
Mille

Mood: Beige.....
In some ways part of the appeal of owning a Ducati is because I know I've bought into a brand that make an incredibly expensive model that’s winning races. I wouldn't buy a Hysoung bike from China because although mechanically sound, (and have longer history than most Japanese manufacturers), don't have anything that makes their badge... that bit special. Ferrari make cars that are extremely expensive, but split the parts down to their cost equivalent and they certainly aren't as expensive as the cost of the car as a whole. They don't depreciate mainly because they're not so readily available, (some models you have to be offered to buy). If Ducati try to be the motorcycle equivalent of Ferrari they need to stop making so many limited edition models, otherwise they're simply not limited.
They need to find a careful balance between making quality affordable and reliable bikes, (something the Japanese are very good at) - as well as super fast, beautiful looking and amazing handling limited edition specials.

[Edited on 25-5-2006 by desmobob]