View Single Post
Old 10-May-2011, 22:10
Big Twin
Bikes: Monster 620ie, 916Bip, Suzuki Gs500 And a Ridgeback but I have to pedal that one

Mood: Scared!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlop0_1
Matt dude you have to race if you can. Any points are better than 0. To come and watch will only add to the pain.
I'm not counting you out and anyway as I still havn't got a running bike yet.

my friend Ian came round today and started pulling bits off and cleaning out all the stones that were still in it, he found a whole pint glass full of the little blighters half of which were in the cam-belts! lucky we didn't run it, ( it did get run for about 30 seconds at mallory, I guess I'm lucky)

Neal Catlin took some bits away to repair them for me (good bloke Neal) and I have ordered some bits from ebay, not least a new rear master cylindar, and brake calipper

The new fairing I spent a week altering and fitting got smashed to bits, but I'll repair it using bits of the old one and bits of the "new" one.

Ian found that the wire from the kill switch was cut almost all the way through and would have failed soon, probably putting me out of another race! how long would it take to find out why it was completely dead?

all in all the bike looks pretty smashed up but nothing too expensive is broken I broke the brand new brembo fold up lever that are not supposed to break and pulled the brake reservoir off, splitting the rubber hose and getting fluid everywhere.

my carbon fiber mud guard is broke I'm not buying another 'cause they cost more than this years repair budget, so I'll have to repair that as well,

the exhaust is bent, i'll bend it straight, Ian took the airbox off and it's full of sand I've never used a vacuum cleaner on a motorbike before, but Ian told me it was standard practice