Thread: New boy
View Single Post
Old 12-Jul-2011, 13:04
Mille

New boy

I'm Steve, and I ride an S2R1000 at the moment (sounds like an into at Ducati anonymous!). I'm pretty active on UKMOC, and sometimes on Ducatisti, but after doing a couple of trackdays I'm considering the DD series. Now, I'm not very fast, and most of my 4/5 years of riding have been around London so I'm not experienced in track/knee down shenanigans.

I don't have anywhere to store a DD bike at the moment, so I'm trying to get involved in the forum, maybe attend a race day or two, and do a few more track days/California Superbike School etc to get myself ready. I'm trying to move into a house with a garage which would then mean I can buy and fettle with a DD bike. I'm no mechanic, but can do a basic service and bolt on parts so I can at least get my hands dirty.

Anyway, if there are cheap bikes going I may join in sooner, but at the moment I'm in the "pending" camp. I know people run in DD without a garage etc, but I'm in a 1 bed flat, and simply have no room to do any work on a bike at the moment.

Anyway, that's me. Hope to meet some of you soon…

Steve