View Single Post
Old 13-Apr-2012, 09:59
Bikes: 1098

Mood: Fair to middling
1098 recall issues.

Morning all,

Ive been looking through some old information on the net and on here and there is a common thread of some of the 1098's needing to be recalled for certain aspects namely:

1. Expanding tank - I have seen this mainly in the States so might be a heat issue?
2. Radiator leak
3. Voltage regulator

I have asked at the dealership and they said that all was checked before they sold it to me but as I have been what could be described as a 'thorough' customer in the sense that I negotiated hard and didnt allow them to get away with cutting corners, I think they are keen just to give me lip service now.

I have checked the original documentation which I received form the dealership and from the last 2 services I can see a 'reg rec recall' done July 2009 and a 'rear sporocket recall' done Nov 2008.

I assume the first is the regulator but there is no mention of the tank or radiator. Were all bikes affected and so should I be asking for these items to be checked? Is there a national number or website - UK - or international one which I can cross reference my VIN against to see what was done or needs to be done.

Thanks

Richard

Last edited by TheDrunkenBakers : 13-Apr-2012 at 10:55.