Thread: Dd 2014
View Single Post
Old 10-Nov-2013, 21:11
Mille
Bikes: 900ss 600ss xr400

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids

Yet it seems some would like to have prize money in the way of vouchers which seems a bit unfair to me on the newcomers coming into the class that would effectively be paying money to the more experienced racers finishing ahead of them. Then if the voucher system is done away next year you end up changing the rules again.

Always bearing in mind that Class B as it is now will soon die off if we don't attract New Novice racers to it each year. And the constantly rising costs don't help. Higher fuel costs, higher tyre prices, Higher entry fees from extra race and extra rounds, soon a £4k season becomes a £5 season and new racers start looking elsewhere

As far as I'm concerned DD isn't broken so why mess with it more than you have to.

I totally agree- why d'you need prize money- my first pot at about £7.5k seems well worth it and got there on ONLY 5 tyres from when i joined 2 seasons ago (and 2 of them are still good for next season)- nice and simple with closely matched cheap bikes makes good racing that even i can almost afford-

stick to yr guns kev- it's a philosophy that works- can't see class b dying anytime soon and it looks really promising for next year judging by the end of this season with a good core of guys with great attitude-

can't wait for next season and wouldn't change anything apart from maybe being sponsored!!