Thread: colour????
View Single Post
Old 16-Nov-2006, 21:03
Montjuic

well i have started to make some colour choises and all the swingarm and linkages will be black and only the brake and chain adj will be gold and all black wheels. hope to get the bits back from the painters an the weekend and then start to refit it.
eric was asking how i joined the seat unit well ??
started of using allot of tape to see if it would work and if it would fit and be removed easily first problem i had to trin the lower parts of the side panels to allow for clearence. then cut down the subframe and lower the locating pins so the seatunit did not have to be lifted up to far, the seat will now fit and can be removed if carfull.
then eopxiy glue the pannels together but this is only to hold it in place tempoarly, then use lots of glas fiber on the inside and the resin on the outside over all the joints. the finall bit is to trin the top of the seat hump to the correct angle and fit a bit of plastic were the rear seat unit used to poke out this is the hard bit because you have to get the angle right or it will look pants.after this more glass fiber and some catty there you go if i can work it out i will post some pics?