View Single Post
Old 05-Jun-2006, 06:42
Big Twin

Mood: is it cos i is a bricklayer
i have borrowed a new battery frank
what is happening is that the old reg does not pass current to battery altho everything else works fine
new reg allows bike to start and everything works fine has current to battery (15volts at tickover) but keeps blowing fuses(the 15amp fuse that protects the ignition/fuel pump/regulator) and when engine is revved past tickover-- the new reg is a new updated one version from ducati it has two green wires two red/white wires and two yellow wires surely someone has replaced the regulator on a SS with the ducati partno54040131A- i got this one cos with the DSC discount it worked out cheaper than any other replacement unit advertised on the net - i am sure i have the new reg wired in correctly cos any other way it either doesnt work or bypasses the ignition switch by creating a permanant live to fuel pump -- i keep getting different numbers on the out put of the genny but i think i this maybe the cheap MM i have or the different points at which i take an earth or maybe just the different revs at which i am taking the readings---that is why i have asked if anyone has experienced a generator failure - altho reading the posts about reg/rec/batt/gen problems thru the forum no one has, its always been a reg unit or wiring failure-
dave