View Single Post
Old 05-Jun-2006, 17:49
Big Twin

Mood: is it cos i is a bricklayer
thanks for your time frank - the linky not worky but i did download a flow chart that i worked thru also went thru some threads on the forum that described how to test all the various components i also worked thru the ducati workshop manual and when all else failed i resorted to the haynes book- i also couldnt find out much about the updated replacement regs from ducati -(might be worth dropping ducati uk an e-mail that maybe they could include instructions with the regs)!!they probably dont do that to stop muppets like me taking away their workshop revenue
i think keefyb is definately onto something in that i have wired it in wrong just hope i havent damaged anything else- i did wire the reg in in the way that keefyb states but the charge light never came on so i thought that i had got it wrong doh-- so keefy b i have deciphered the wiring and will go ahead does this mean that the charging light will be obsolete and won't/shouldnt illuminate when the key is switched to on?or work at all? sorry to appear a bit thick, well that is cos i am----do the two green wires that you state go to black (i dont have a black wire) go to earth?
dave