View Single Post
Old 09-Jun-2003, 22:03
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Dazza......

....as you can tell I'm no expert here, there are others on this site who will know far more than me about this.

I reckon that your rennsports should be good enough for 3-4 trackdays if used as they are intended to - ie heat up to their optimal temperature and not immersed in ice between sessions etc..... You will know if they are heating up as they will bobble up on the surface as they wear away.
Sometimes if the tyres do not get quite hot enough, but are subjected to wear on the track they can appear to wear but actually just tear at the surface, no real problem here, its just that they are not operating as they should.

If you are not getting them to their optimum temp, then they will last longer than this, likewise if they are going above this temp and/or usage, they will not last as long - if you see what I mean!!

You would typically have a softer tyre on the front than the back, bacause in normal track usage, the front tyre will not get as heavily used as the rear, so you can have a softer front tyre (in theory giving you more grip) and therefore the tyres will need replacing at the same time. ie the softer tyre will wear out quicker for the same given amount of usage than a harder tyre, but because it has less work to do, should wear at the same rate as the harder rear - does that make any sense?????

Tim