View Single Post
Old 19-Apr-2004, 07:24
BSB Star

There seemed some debate in Moto GP that Rossi could only string 20 or so fast laps. Though, i think this was more hype than anything else. Honda was caught with it's pants around it's ankles yesterday big style. I think Honda are missing Mr Rossi, and they have only just realised.
It remains to be seen if Rossi can keep this form through out the year.... and ride at 110% through the year. The safe money has to be on Honda through the year to win, but which rider??? Biaggi as mentioned above needs his bike at 100%, likes of Edwards ,Gib and Rossi ride around problems. I'm not sure what to make of the performance the Repsol Honda's. And as for the Dukes I was amazed at their lack of performance, Bayliss being my main cause of worry, as both Hodgie and Xaus out qualified him, and in the race were ahead of him. Capriex I felt was doing a great job on a bad bike.

Going back to 'that' overtake.... I think it was a fair overtake, they were both running wide, and Rossi ran wide on the exit, with a small hint of a block to stop Biaggi re-overtaking him. I saw yesterday the same over taking in 125, 250 and Chilli in WSB. There was a gap, he took it, he never made contact or caused either to crash. I mean, it's not like these guys make contact ever. Toby Moody was quoting Hodgie on Saturday about him and Xaus racing, and Hodgie was quoted as saying he was used to having his knee slider making contact with Xaus's front wheel more than a few times, let alone the bodywork. Look last year, when Toseland overtook Hodgie, contact is not the word!
In bike racing, there's gonna be contact, it is part of the sport, infact, any form of motor racing, look at BTCC as an example. If someone makes a gap, and your racing them, any racer would dive for that gap. Sometimes it's dangerous, but, hey, ain't that the point?

[Edited on 19-4-2004 by flanker]