Thread: APTC Clutch
View Single Post
Old 02-Jan-2005, 16:01
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac

Doncha just love web based translation....

Anti Hopping: this effect prevents that rear wheel temples, which can occur when applying brakes gently and simultaneous shifting down. A dangerous phenomenon, since the rear wheel loses clearly at strassenkontakt, and the straight in the delicate phase at the curve entrance!

An anti Hopping system contributes therefore on the one hand to security, made possible on the other hand in addition, faster and brisker cornering with reduced risk. The feeling to feel even when hard shifting down no marking and no winding the engine up makes straight addicted!

Reduced hand strength: Anti of Hopping systems gives it several, but only the eagle system offers owing to a special pressure plate (power torques) also reduced hand strength. Simply spoken the clutch takes a part of the strength, which is needed for coupling, of the engine strength, which rests anyway permanently against the clutch. And only the hand strength must contribute a further part!

Technically seen over a helical gearing one realizes, which supports the clutch manipulation. In further consequence softer clutch feathers/springs can be used and one keep a many more low-friction kupplungshebel simply ingeniously, ingeniously simple - and in the use the hammer!

Still, I like the last bit about the use of the hammer, I always try to wait until I've negotiated the straight in the delicate phase at the curve exit before I give it some hammer