View Single Post
Old 23-Mar-2005, 12:17
Montjuic

Front brakes seized.....

I know there is a lot of intrest in this subject and the on going saga that Twinfan is experiencing, so I thought i'd post this in the hope that shared knowledge will help others.

Out on the bike on sunday, (20/03/05) beautiful day, (for once) intending to open her up, get the blood flowing... Doing about 44mph, when the bike started to feel strange, couldn't seem to accelerate. Thought maybe there was a problem with the engine as i've recently had to have the ECU replaced. So I rolled of the throttle and pulled in the clutch with the intention of changing up into 3rd, and the bike just stopped all by itself. It stopped in an incredible short distance, quicker than if i'd been attempting an emergency stop. Turns out the front brakes had seized/locked up. Luckily I didn't pitch over the handle bars or lose control. Even more lucky that I didn't get on the brakes in a panic, or I would have been off - no question.

Bike is now back at the dealers - Ducati have requested a safety report with pictures, seem to be treating it as serious, which of course it is!

I have to say a that the dealers have been first rate so far, and have lend me a courtesy bike without hesitation - so i'll keep you posted.

For the record it's 04' 749 Dark.