View Single Post
Old 13-Jul-2005, 00:05
Big Twin

I find the Multistrada a lot more confidence inspiring in the wet than my 996s was, spent a lot of time this winter/spring riding up your way with my mate chasing me in his Caterham and found myself going a little bit quicker than I would have liked in the damp/slimy conditions but soon realised I could go a good bit quicker than I would have managed on the 996.

I know I WOULD like a 999 if I ever rode one as I loved my 996 but I hated the pain and discomfort on a good run out (a sunday run would usually be 400 miles virtually all of them on b roads)

I love the Multistrada I really do but I do still get the urge for a heads down sportsbike from time to time, the most enjoyable of my annual French trips was definitley the one I made on the 996 it was the hardest one after previously doing the same on R1s, Blackbirds, Fireblades etc. I did enjoy last years trip on the MS but there are a lot of great roads down there that were ideal for a 996/999 or whatever and I really fancy putting up with the discomfort for my next trip and doing it on a sportsbike.

I think a 996/998/999 and a Multistrada are an ideal pair of bikes to have the best of both worlds.

Give me a shout next time your having an hour or two out and I will nip up your way for a bit of a run. Meet up with you at Brough?