View Single Post
Old 15-Dec-2005, 14:25
Mille
Bikes: 998Bip

Mood: Carbonara
Sorry skidlids - I didn't read carefully enough and thought you were on a 54mm pipe. Do you have any pics of the 50mm front pipe intalled?

How did you get the 50mm front pipe to fit - just whack it into place? Wood and lump hammer sounds like you may end up with some dents or creases.

As for why I'm asking in the first place -

A mildly fettled 998S is good for 140 to 145 rwbhp with the standard 50mm full system.
My Bip as stock felt like 115-118 on the arse dyno.
With the cams, ICU and 45/50mm system I guess I have about 125rwbhp using the same measuring technology.
What I want to know is whether the 45mm headers will prevent me getting up to about 140 with the gas-flow, mapped PC111 and c/r bump, and if yes, is there a trade off in better mid-range.

I know that with the cams, headwork, PC111 and so-on I could be going for 150rwbhp and more if I got a 54 or 57mm system/pistons, but the costs and the need to run stock 50mm cans for the road dictate my choice.

Also, standard rods, Bip cases and stock crank all make me wary of going for mega horsepower (anyway, I've got to leave something for 2007).

Spinoli