Thread: Pembrey prep
View Single Post
Old 31-Aug-2006, 01:52
Big Twin

Mood: renegade sexy racer
Good luck with the bar position skids, seeing Phil2 and chris woods bikes finally convinced me to go for the change. Hope it works for you, I'm sure it will.
The Two days at Cadwell without the pressure of either learning a new track or having to race the next day allowed me to experiment rather than go with what I had. Tried some different gearing as well, will see how I go at the weekend with it. Still managed to visit the grass on Three occasions with the new set up but Cadwell wouldn't be Cadwell for me without some grass tracking. By using the standad bars underneath the headstock I couldn't get the forks as far through as they were before by 10mm. That means the geometry is back to Standish. I am going to lift the rear a little as the steering feels different and slower, It steers hard on the gas, which is fine until you get in toooooo hot and try to scrub a bit off at which point it heads for the grass Overall It feels much better. I don't know about the lap times yet but much more enjoyable with the hands low and the Ass up
whats the saying if it feels right it is right. Now it feels right.