View Single Post
Old 08-Mar-2005, 20:55
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
chris if your doing it for the looks its going to be costly and if your doing it for the performance again it aint worth the money, ive never ridden with radials but ive spoken to some impressive people on this

last month my mate won the hm plant replica cbr6 demonstration bike and he had to collect from the hrc factory at louth so off we all went, the bike is pictured in the back of the free hein gericke catalogue with this months bike amg if anyones interested

we got to talking to karl harris and michael rutters technicians and they said radials added no beneficial gains to their racing machines, they told the riders it aided them, they then rave about them, we then spend a small fortune trying to have the same equipment as them when we dont really need to, admittedly this isnt on ducatis but on honda's, hrc's top spec firebaldes no less

opinions please???

its all in the mind mate, for the extra 3 grand and your bike you could buy a 996r which you would never need to modify

i will be putting the few photos of the cbr on my website when i get time