View Single Post
Old 21-Sep-2005, 10:44
Big Twin

I had considered the PC route, even before this occurred. However, I thought it might replace the ECU, but I can see how there is a lot more going on in the ECU than just the fuelling.

I borrowed a coil from Steve (Stv749) last night to try and eliminate the ECU from the equation. I can't help feeling that a coil will be quicker to get and replace than the ECU (mine is the Asymetric Termi module), but with the Ducati ordering system there is no guarantee of that of course.

First signs are that it is not the coil at fault. Whereas it was starting on one cylinder before, it is now not starting at all with the known good coil in. We did try the "possibly faulty" coil in Steve's bike too and at first it spluttered and fired on one for a moment, then cleared and fired normally. Couldn't get it to misfire then. I shall get him to test ride it on my coil when I return it to him this evening.

Looks like I might be refitting the standard ECU and a PC3 after all then.

Nelly, about how long would you say it would take to replace an ECU? I seriously doubt Italia would have one in stock, let alone the right one for my exhaust, so if that is the problem I might try to get them to refit the original one if it doesn't take too long. Would I be unreasonable asking them to do that whilst they are testing the coil (if it's a long job)?