View Single Post
Old 24-Jan-2012, 22:41
Bikes: Hypermotard, 600ss

Mood: Positively pensive
Had a cracking day - & very hot - day out! The Bandit worked out ok (but a Hypermotard would have been better).
Most bikes ended up in a bike park but I came straight out again and went to find somewhere nearby that was a little cooler and a lot cheaper. As I parked up amongst a load of cars on a verge I got talking to a local who offered a cup of tea & the use of his shaded & secure back yard. Kiwis are great people!
I spent most of the day on the banking of the local sports ground, a vantage point that came with all mod cons (bar and bog ). Only downside was a slightly restricted view but I got to see plenty enough & probably a better view than a lot of folk inside the circuit. Cold beer, sunny weather & close racing - all good stuff!
I really enjoyed the supermotos - top marks to the chap with one arm and (presumably) big cojones - and great to see a couple of bevels being thrashed around. Not really competitive on such a tight circuit - unlike the 750F1 that overhauled a lot of modern bikes and might well have pipped a 1098 for third if there had been another lap. A good mix of machinery in the various classes and some close racing as a result.
And in answer to your question, yes I am - but I reckon I'll need a lot more than 53hp...