Thread: 620 big bore?
View Single Post
Old 02-May-2005, 13:29
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by butch890
i personally thought the MT have got the power spot on for the 583 bigbore bikes so as to be very even with rthe 620's (as this weekend proved)

Believe me, if you're riding a 583/675 then you wouldn't think that!

The 620's have a big advantage, and the 680's have an even bigger one.

583 Fastest Lap:

Andy Johnson 0:50.20

620 Fastest Lap:

Clinton De Tarnowsky 0:48.77

680? Fastest Lap:

Geoff Spencer 0:47.81

Andy rode a blinder all weekend, and in my opinion was a match for Geoff on ability, so the 2.5 second diff over such a small circuit is HUGE!!

This is not a 'close' series, and it is not 'equal' in any way.

I'm very lucky that I'm in the position I am with Louigi, cos he'll build the same spec bike as Geoff, and a number of others who'll be having the work done for CC.

HOWEVER, I think that this is where the series will fall on its arse, and has lost the plot, coz Fil2 & Ali have the ability to win races in this series, but they will be denied by the poor decision making of the series rule writers.

Let me remind you of one of the main principles of the series, taken from the Desmo Due Racing Rules 2005

Quote:
The objective is to try and provide a format that will promote close racing, keep a lid on costs and put the emphasis on rider ability rather than budget ability, whilst limiting the number of rounds to something manageable for the family man.

I think what you've done is...

Quote:
Provide a format that will promote Dealers and Ducati brands, and put the emphasis on budget rather than rider ability, whilst turning a blind eye to anything outside the rules and spirit of the series

I'm quite serious about this. It needs to be addressed, before you have a grid of 10 bikes, and a severe lack of interest. I haven't had to buy a bike, and I'm spending every penny I earn to do this. I don't see why I should be defeated by people who have plenty of money, but can't ride for toffee.

Feet need to be placed back on the ground.

This should always have been a 583 OR a 620 series and no big bores. Not all 3!!!