View Single Post
Old 12-Dec-2004, 13:34
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
"Do you really think it's acceptable for a bunch of blokes to turn up in the paddock all riding pieces of crap kicked together from breakers yards, no warmers/awnings/gennies/vans etc etc etc and go play out on track ??"
Absolutely I do Steve, if that's how they want/can afford to do it then go for it-the whole point of this series is that it should be fun for beginners and a taster for racing. As lond as the bikes are to the formula and ACU legal then I don't see a problem-yes I know that once the bug bites the wallet somehow gets bigger but we all have to start somewhere.

As for me with a motorhome purchased for last year 'cause I got fed up getting wet in a tent, genny, warmers, trailer which I don't use as the bike hangs on the back of the motorhome, and the cost of the TZ-and I don't even RIDE it myself-I am in no position to criticise.
One of these days when I am feeling brave I am going to add up all the invoices I have from Dennis Trollope.

John