Thread: 888 SP4/4S/5
View Single Post
Old 21-Jul-2005, 22:25
Mille

Mood: He's not happy {:o( He's back at sea!
Text Hello Chaps, The cool running I put down to it not having a thermostat at all, after all it's a track refugee and didn't need one.
Just for info' a standard width of gaffer tape on the right side of the rad' top to bottom makes about 3 degrees difference on mine. Once the temp is up you get a really high powered crackle out of it, like there's a rorty 2 stroke in there somewhere. The thing with cool running is, too much fuel washes the oil off the bores and you get increased bore wear, so it's best to get the thing above 65C ASAP.

Steve - The plaque, try Brasso, it's just as good and is not abrasive. Use that Optimax and Advance BP fuel. That makes a difference, and a bit of octane booster works as well. Oh yes Mother, does that work! You don't need too much of it though.

Nat - Nope not fitted the mag yet (and also still got the fake back one that blo*dy German sold me ). Being out here since begining of June, but the tool kit arrived ta. Would like to, but the hols money has been hidden! So, I need another trip out here first, that'll pay for it.

Robin - You need my eMail ID? I get the impression that what was written down in the manuals and what was actually fitted to these engines was quite different. I haven't measured the bore and stroke on mine, and it is supposed to be standard cc. But it wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't. Depending on where you are in the UK, I have a couple of days spare I could ride over. Up to you like. But comparing one SPS with another would be a good idea.

Right got to pack my bag to get off this tub.

Ains. 8o)>