View Single Post
Old 22-Aug-2009, 17:40
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray Mint
It's not the cost as I feel £20.00 is a small price to pay for being a part of a club that has had a large influence on Ducati ownership.

My first experience of the club the way it used to be came way back on a very cold and wet October morning 2002. I had been a member for a few months and was now attending my first track day at Brands. I had an unfortunate incident just down the road from the track where I fell off snapping the gear shift and clutch leavers. I was amazed at the help that was awaiting me. Henners drove me from Brands all the way over to ProV to pick up the replacement parts so I could get on with the day. This took quite some time, time in which Henry could of been enjoying the delights of circuit riding, what I'm trying to say is that from my perspective the many characters of the club have gone and so to has the camaraderie.

Murray

i have started looking at this site again after about 18months away as im looking at getting a 749 and have been suprised by the lack of the posts in certain sections. i remember when this site was fun loving (pre DD in my eyes) and very helpful which is why this was the first ducati forum i turned to for advice now im looking for another duke

i remember a experience similair to murrays i had back in march 05 (i think) when i turned up at a snowy silverstone trackday in my transporter van with a blown up engine. the support and help i received from the dsc peeps that day was amazing,mainly skidlids and the guy with the award winning monster,sorry forgot his name.it was also the day we had to hacksaw through nattys chain so he could give his trackbike its first runout. a very eventful but fun filled day with a good group of guys

im sure that same spirit is around at trackdays and meets but it doesnt seem to be so apparent on the site. from reading this thread it seems there was a big blow up last year which may explain the lack of posts (compared to ducatisti.co.uk). i have received some help from keefyb and antonye on my thread but would have expected a few more a couple of years ago.