Thread: WSB Spoiler
View Single Post
Old 03-Oct-2006, 13:40
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Ducati want to have 1200cc for a simple reason................cost. Pretty much as 749er points out.

Yes they are allowed to modify the oily bits of the engine a lot more then IL4 and with that modification comes a lot more stresses and strains that require a lot more preventative maintenance, i.e expensive engine parts are skipped far more often that the less highly tuned IL4s.

Ducati want to see more privateers on their bikes on the grid, the current structure makes it far cheaper to get an IL4 competitive and maintain it for a privateer team than a V twin.

ya know why the factory 999s have been so quick and won the championships?...................the riders think the bikes are dog ugly and wanna get the race over as soon as possible, they keep having to change riders 'cos no one wants to ride them ugly 999s for longer than they have too, hell Bayliss couldn't face a year on the 999 so went to Honda to ride a MotoGP bike, only came back to Ducati cos he was promised they were replacing the bike with something less ugly..............

Good on ya Xaus, he knows how to treat a 999 and single handedly is trying to destroy as many as possible

I could go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and onand on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.......................but I wont

Ray.