View Single Post
Old 06-May-2011, 18:44
Mille

Desmo Due 2012...discuss

possibly been discussed at length in the past, but just wondered whether anyone else feels that a change to the DD format in 2012 might be a good thing?

In December after being told by my mate Jolley how his bike was getting prepped I began thinking that I should have a go at that. For a few minutes I thought about Class A but after looking at the numbers I was soon put off.

I realise there are riders out there with class A bikes loving their racing and it is not my job to tell anyone how to run this series but I am just thinking out loud here. It is clear that the Class A numbers are dwindling and at the moment there is a mass of Class B and a handful of class A. Perhaps it would be a good idea to see a different class A next year?

I for one would be all over a 748 cup, with a limit to the bhp and a minimum weight. Great bikes, can be bought for £2k, that were actually built with racing in mind, not for vertically challenged people (SS) or posing in the city (m600)! Im only joking I love my SS!

How about a Monster 695/696 class as this is still in production Ducati may take more interest?

If this is not up for discussion then cool I will shut up and get my coat, but I think if it is then it would be good to get it out in the open and sorted early enough so that Class A people could swap their engines/sell their bikes and we could attract new comers to the "Premier Class"!

Hugh