View Single Post
Old 07-Sep-2006, 09:05
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 916 Senna, 748RS Corse, 1098s Race

Mood: walking on sunshine.....
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Clegg
I'm final starting to understand all about this, snetterton showed up a few places where my bike felt weak. So I would like to look into servicing my shocks or finding something better. I'd also like to look at servicing the brake callipers. As I’ve not got any money at all now I'm just looking into what can be done and what id get from it. This has all been highlighted for me in this week MCN as they got an old bike to go real fast just by working on set up. I haven’t messed with the shock all season, as I didn’t understand what I wanted from them. Now I’ve been racing for a bit I think I can understand the changes if I made some. An advice would be fantastic and who to talk to would be good to.

p.s. some idea of cost as well.

Sorry Dom,

I'm not convinced on your diagnosis? What is the problem?

We have on #10:
Shocks - KTech - ask them to set up for track only.
Rear Shock - Ktech service - Use a longer, IE set up, get it set for your weight etc.
Brakes - use them less...or get them serviced and a decent set of pads.

I'm not a techy, but I get the impression people mess with their bikes too much, especially 583?, just get on and ride it! I've not changed anything on my bike all season, changed the oil once!

I know I'm not a good example from the weekend.

Andy was carrying loads more corner entry speed than me, so thats for me to practice, no need to spend money on the bike.

IMHO.