Thread: 888 - how good?
View Single Post
Old 21-Feb-2005, 19:53
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
You wont regret it ! Like Sparkin I have owned a brace of modern dukes..but ive just fell in love with the 888.

I was fortunate enough to buy an S4R last summer to keep it company, but in terms of overall ownership experience it just doesnt come close to my 888.

It has pedigree, looks stunning, was made in relativley small numbers and just turns heads like you wouldnt believe (and sounds incredible as all my fellow 888 owners will no doubt testify!!)...not just exhuast note but an induction growl like you wouldnt believe !!

It wont steer as quick as a 9** but this can be aided by increasing the rear ride height/selecting decent tyres (888's are very sensitive to both tyre pressure and choice).

Only disappointment when I got mine was the front lever coming back to the bar after hard use, but again this can be easily rectified by fitting a larger bore MC from a 9** or (even better!) a radial master cylinder like mine.

As I say, I knew gordys bikes previous owner and in terms of maintenance, it was spoilt rotten !

(I can also put you in touch with Kev the bikes previous owner if youd like a second opinion).

Best of luck and look forward to sharing tales of 888 ownership in our 'select' forum

Cheers
Nat