View Single Post
Old 11-Apr-2006, 10:17
Mille

Mood: One day I'll be allowed out to play......
Weeksy,

I'm thinking the same as yourself, I've got a 916 and very happy with it I am, but would like just a few more ponies. The reason I own the bike, is.... (I'm justifying this to my wife and soon to be born).......it is an original 916, a bike that changed a generation, yes the later bikes were evolutions of the original, and probably much better for it, but I own the original (although it now looks far from standard/original). What I want is for this bike to be as good as it can be for a decent outlay

Wondered along the lines of a 955 re-bore, dialled cams, sps cam, 52mm exhaust throughout,......didn't think a power commander was an option for the 916...

How much power is enough?

I know it frustrates me when on track to get swallowed on the straights up by the 'bigger boys', only to catch them in the corners.

So far i've got the ITG / JHP maxflow air filter, 45mm slip-on carbon termi's, cams dialled and pirelli supercorsas.....where next for a few cheap, reliable horses???

oh, and lashings of carbon - air runners, airbox, tail unit, hugger, etc, etc...

Jas

[Edited on 11-4-2006 by hooley]