View Single Post
Old 26-Jun-2006, 14:27
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Have a word with Marko, he's investigated raising the forks through the yokes (thus lowering the front end) and by how many rings (on the forks) to do it by. You can't go to low, otherwise the wheel will hit the rad on heavy braking.

If you know how much to shift the forks it's an easy enough job, but I would add a bit to what carbon said....For gawds sake, dont loosen the front forks in the yokes until the weight of the bike is taken off them. You could do this a number of ways...A front paddock stand that supports the bike up under the front of the lower yoke, or...use secure webbing straps capable of taking the weight of the bike and suspend it from a strong enough rafter in your garage...or, get an Abba stand that will support the weight of the bike in the middle and use a jack under the horizontal exhaust pipe to jack the front end up. Doing it any other way and you'll stand a chance of the weight of the bike just crashing down on top of the wheel (I wouldn't rely on the clip ons to hold it). You might want to take the front wheel out as well so that you can slide each fork leg individually.

Finally, make sure you've got the right torque settings for the triple clamp bolts. They need to be tight enough, but if you do them too tight you can oval the fork tubes.

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^