View Single Post
Old 07-May-2009, 14:13
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
Nice post Chris and fully appreciate all the work you do for the DSC and agree with your tone right up to the last line. I think there is a place for people who do nothing but enjoy the club (and they do actually do something - they pay their membership!). I am more than happy that a few people put in some/a lot of effort for the enjoyment of others, eg for the trackday, a few people will see 100+ members and countless others have a fantastic couple of days.

Where I do agree is where people have a go at the 'doers' as Ray says without digging in their own time pocket and putting their money/time where their mouth is. I have been as guilty as many by suggesting what I think are good ideas - my perception may not agree with others and I am very unlikely to have all the facts to hand to know whether it is possible, so sometimes 'good' ideas will fall on apparently deaf ears. Hence I hear people saying 'I said we should do this and nobody took any notice', which is near useless without action on their part.

I do a little where I can, as do some others. As Ray says, just do it, some things don't need the sign off from the MT, but other big things do.

As long as people are happy being a 'doer' then I'm happy for me and for them. It's when the workload or grief (abuse/threats!?!) overtake the pleasure that it's not right. Hopefully that balance has seen some improvement in the past few months.

It wouldn't surpirise me if some of the MT stepped down this year, it's been a hard term in office for some. I just hope others come forward and we can have a democratic MT that runs a great bike club

WeeJohnyB