Thread: Ventura Luggage
View Single Post
Old 08-Jun-2005, 12:16
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Do you feature in Viz with that name?

Ventura do 2 different fitting kits for the alloy monoposto rear end and the steel framed bip rear end which yours must be if your taking a passenger.

Might be worth checking. JUST CHECKED VENTURA CATALOGUE D013/B FITS ALL 998 BIP/MONO ALLOY AND STEEL FRAMES. WHEREAS D006/B FITS ONLY 998R & 998S ALLOY SUBFRAMES.

Also can't tell from the photo but check the u shaped bracket isn't fitted upside down, but don't think it is.

On mine, which is alloy mono kit the bolts clear the inner side of the seat but the L brackets just touch the bottom side of the seat unit so i always wrap some gaffa tape around the bracket at the contact point. same on my mates bike as well as it is a very tight fit.

If you slacken all of the the bolts off a bit where the L brackets fit, and where the U bracket fits to the rear subframe you can get a little bit of play to move the brackets into the right position. The crucial one is getting the U braclet located in the right place as this governs how the L brackets sit. We're only talking a few mill of play here but it does make a difference.

Hope that makes sense.

If you're anywhere near Manchester you can check out how mine is fitted.

Good luck.

[Edited on 8-6-2005 by BDG]