View Single Post
Old 08-Jun-2004, 10:52
BSB Star

Will Ducati Parts bill increase by 10 fold today?

Taken from; http://www.crash.net

MotoGP rookie Ruben Xaus will test a Marlboro Ducati at Mugello tomorrow (Tuesday), forming part of a four man line-up completed by Loris Capirossi, Troy Bayliss and test rider Vittoriano Guareschi.

Following back-to-back tests at Le Mans and over the Mugello race weekend, Capirossi and Bayliss have opted to use the GP4 for the remainder of the 2004 season.

d'Antin Ducati rider Xaus - who claimed an excellent fifth in Sunday's Italian Grand Prix - will help the factory race riders with their chassis development work.

"It is very important for me to get as much track time as possible to help adapt to MotoGP," said Ruben. "I have been working with Ducati for a long time and I am sure that these tests will be useful for all of us."

"We have no problem with giving our rider to collaborate with Ducati Corse, because we defend the same interests and we are first of all interested in improving the development (of the machine)," added team prinicipal Luis d'Antin. "I hope that our help will be useful in this way and I am convinced that for Rubén it is going to be very helpful."

"We would like to thank Ruben Xaus for making himself available for the test," stated Marlboro Ducati team director Livio Suppo. "We asked him to take part tomorrow so that we can accumulate the maximum amount of data possible. Thanks also to (team manager) Luis D'Antin for enthusiastically agreeing to allow his rider to take part in this test."

Second d'Antin rider Neil Hodgson will not take part in the test due to his recent rib injuries.

Meanwhile, Guareschi will give the latest version of the 'twin pulse' engine, essentially a big bang configuration first seen during early development of the team's 2003 GP machine, its track debut at Mugello tomorrow.

Should it prove a success, the 'twin pulse' will then be ridden by Capirossi and Bayliss on the Monday after this weekend's Catalan GP.