View Single Post
Old 02-Sep-2004, 12:17
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Well .....

They left off commuting cover and the exhaust when all the paperwork came out. So I rang them and tried to sort it out and they're saying they can't cover me now. Ok, fine I though, I'll just go through it again ... they want to charge me a cancellation fee!!!!!!!!!!! I said I'm not paying a cent because they incorrectly quoted me (I have the fax I sent them as proof I asked for that cover)- he's going to ring me back today. If he still tries it on I'm going to tell him I'm going to ring the Insurance Ombudsman (there is one in the UK isn't there?) What other options do I have? As far as I'm concerned, I've gone ahead with the policy because they've quoted on the fax I sent them - that requests those specific items - and they've said they can provide that insurance at whatever price, and now they've said they can't. It's their mistake so why should I pay anything for it?

So, Laxtons were the cheapest and best alround deal after Insurance Line so I tried to ring them last night and they were closed so I'll ring them today.

I've also spoken to Motorcycle Direct and Telebikes who were going to chase up another quote for me - to try and beat Laxtons.

The saga continues....