View Single Post
Old 08-May-2004, 00:17
Big Twin

I was a little suspicious over what was actually done to my bike on my first service. I hung around for 3 1/2 hours while it was being done and whilst wandering round the dealers I kept having a sly peep through into the workshop every 30 or 40 minutes or so and at no time did I actually see the tank/seat unit off the bike!? I had already removed the unit myself to get at the restrictors and know that it takes quite a while to remove and refit nevermind doing whatever needs to be done once removed. Most of the time I looked and the bike was up on a stand with nobody working on it.

It makes me wonder if the 3 hours they quote for the first service is half an hour dropping the oil and changing the filter and a few basic checks and 2 1/2 hours having the bike sat on the stand. I may be wrong as I did not pay that much attention, but I did find myself looking into the workshop and wondering if they had even started work on the bike or perhaps done the service while I was having a drink and a bite to eat.

Has anybody actually watched the work done on the first service? Do you think its possible that they do not bother with much of the work on a first service knowing the bike will be back later in the year for a full service?

Maybe I am being a little paranoid and the work was done but I would have only known for sure if I had looked in every 10 or 15 mins.